July 2, 1927 - July 2, 2009
There comes a point in time when a loved one dies and we just do not know what to do with the information. We all have a birth, we all have a death. No matter how much we fight death, no matter how much we prolong life with drugs and plastic surgeries, in the end... we are all faced with the same end, we die. My Grandfathers end came today. And although we expected it would come eventually because he had been in the hospital since last September, we did not realize it was coming today.
10 Things i remember about my grandfather:
1. he threw me into the pool at 6 weeks old and i learned to swim!
2. i wrecked his garage with a car when i was only 6 months old.
3. he loved mushroom hunting!
4. he came around with bushels of veggies and my mom would can them.
5. he was a really hard worker.
6. he loved the Cubs!
7. when i was really little, i always had "dirty" ears, with money behind them!
8. he loved that the family got together every year for Thanksgiving and Christmas.
9. he was very good to my mom.
10. he will be very missed.
I love you Grandpa, i will miss seeing you at the holidays. i hope that wherever you are, you have amazing seats to every Cubs game!